Chesapeake Bay Golf Club’s 2016 Men’s & Women’s Club Championship – who will be crowned this year’s champs?
2016 Men’s & Women’s Club Championship
Sign Up Online | Contact Pro Shop 410-287-0200 x3 / 410-658-4343 x26
Open to ALL Members of Chesapeake Bay Golf Club and to All Members of the Ladies and Men’s Golf Association & Any Season Ticket Holders.
Brackets by Handicap:
- Championship Flight 0-6 hdcp
- A Flight 7-13 hdcp
- B Flight 14-19
- C Flight 20 –26
- D Flight 27 & up
- Championship Flight 0-10 hdcp
- A Flight 11-17 hdcp
- B Flight 18-23
- C Flight 24 –29
- D Flight 30 & up
- Brackets will be formed based on handicap.
- Each bracket to be within 6 –7 strokes, if possible.
- Due to participation changes may be made.
- Must have a USGA handicap established to participate.
Location / Dates:
- August 13 @ Rising Sun ~ 10:30 am Tee Times
- August 14 @ Rising Sun ~ 10:30 am Tee Times
Stroke play in flight. All players will play without handicap.
Flights off the Handicap index of normal tee box & based on Rising Sun slope rating.
Entry Fee: $25
- Championship Flight – Men play White Tees
- A, B, C & D Flights – Men play from Green tees at RS and White tees at NE
- All Ladies play from Front tees
Normal Rates apply. Optional Skins Game.
- Parking Spot (Champion)
- Gift Cards for all flights
Club Championship Rules Sheet
U.S.G.A. Rules Apply
- Open to All Members of the Chesapeake Golf Club, Men’s or Ladies Association, Season Ticket Holders
- Ladies will play a 36 Hole Championship. All Participants will play from Red markers.
- Men will play a 36 Hole Championship. The Championship is an Individual Stroke Play event in each flight.
- Men’s Championship Flight will play from the White Tee at RS and Green Tee at NE. Flights A, B, C, D Participants will play from the green tees at RS and white tees at NE.
- The Overall Champion will come from the player playing the White Tees. This Player with the lowest 2 day gross score is the overall winner and Club Champion. The lowest 2 day gross score per flight is the flight winner.
- Competitors may choose to move up one flight before the competition.
- Any ties for first place in all flights will be determined by a sudden death playoff to determine the flight winners and the playoff will commence starting on the first hole after completion of the last round.
- Leaders after the 1st round will play together in the 2nd round.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKETS:
- Men’s – Championship Flight 0-6, A Flight 7-13, B Flight 14-19, C Flight 20- 26, D Flight 27 & up
- Ladies’ – Championship Flight 0-10, A Flight 11-17, B Flight 18-23, C Flight 24-29, D Flight 30 & up
- To have eligible flight, must have a minimum of 3 players in each flight
Brackets will be formed based on handicap from the slope rating of the Rising Sun Course. Each bracket to be made based on participation and to be within 6-8 strokes.
Pro Shop has right to adjust Flights to make them competitive.
- Overall Men’s and Ladies Champion will be named our CLUB CHAMPION and receives a parking space, which becomes available immediately upon winning the Club Championship.
- Top 2-3 in each flight will receive gift certificates if enough players are available for that flight. Adjustments will be made as needed based on number of players in the flight(s).
Rising Sun: Play the ball where it lies / NE Course: will move the ball through green a score card length
- Ground under repair will consist of any cart paths – stone or paved.
- Additional Ground under repair areas are outlined with White paint.
- Out of bounds will be marked with a white line or white post
- Lateral hazards will be marked with red stakes or red lines
- Water hazards will be marked with yellow stakes or yellow lines
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies).
- The “one ball” rule does not apply for the Championship.
- Ground under Repair — Free Relief from all cart paths & flower beds. Take nearest point of relief plus one club length no nearer the hole, without penalty.
- All putts must be holed (no gimmies).
- If there is any doubt on how to determine a rule, play 2 balls:
- Play original ball where it lies / Play 2nd ball how you determined rule.
- All rules will remain in effect unless otherwise posted by the Rules Committee
PACE OF PLAY:
- Pace of play will be monitored.
- Penalty for first offense of slow play will be a warning.
- After the second offense you will be timed.
- A third violation will result in a one stroke penalty.