Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Member Page
We welcome all of our members to Chesapeake Bay Golf Club!
Member Rules & Regulations
The following rules are designed to make your membership at Chesapeake Bay Golf Club a great experience by not only communicating what is expected but also allowing the Chesapeake Bay GC staff to better serve you our member.
GENERAL GOLF RULES
Rules and regulations apply to all members, guests and outside players.
- Rules and regulations apply to all members, guests and outside players.
- All Members MUST ALWAYS CHECK IN at Pro Shop counter before play and receive a receipt. Jumping out on the course will not be tolerated. This applies to any players deciding to play extra holes must also check in to pro shop.
- Play will begin on the first hole unless permission is given by the Pro Shop.
- No more than four players per group. No fivesomes.
- Please Replace All Divots! Please Fix Your Ball Marks Plus Three More. Add Seed & Soil Mix to All Divots on par 3 Tee Boxes.
- Proper attire must be worn (see dress code).
- ALL Alcoholic beverages must be purchased at CBGC per Cecil County Board of Liquor Licenses. Chesapeake Bay GC reserves the right to check all coolers at anytime.
- Loud, vulgar and abusive behavior will not be tolerated on the course, clubhouse grounds or in the clubhouse.
- Throwing of clubs will not be tolerated and will result in suspension.
- Slower players must allow faster players to play through if they have fallen more than one hole behind the group in front of them.
- All players must have their own bag and clubs. Two players may not play from the same bag.
- Any group that stops for refreshments after 9 holes and takes too long will lose their position on the course. Make your visits short to keep your position.
- Play one ball only. Practicing is not permitted on the course. Our practice range and putting green are available to all players.
- Players are not permitted to search for golf balls in the wetland areas or walk through these areas.
- Remember you are sharing the golf course with other golfers. Please use proper etiquette at all times.
- It should never take more than 4 1/4 hours to play 18 holes of golf.
- All golfers are not responsible for any damage to homes adjacent to course. However all golfers must respect the privacy and property of adjacent homeowners.
- All Members must always show respect to fellow members and to Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Staff.
- Smoking is not permitted inside of the clubhouse facilities.
- Tipping is recommended to all staff.
- Keep spikes clean when entering clubhouse.
- Dogs are not permitted in Clubhouses or on golf course.
- Driving Range will be closed daily at 6:30pm
- Thursday is cutting day for the range. Range will be closed between 10am -2pm.
- Proper golf attire is enforced.
- Drivers and fairway woods and hybrids are forbidden to be hit on the range.
- Repair ball marks & fill in divots after practice session.
- Retrieving balls from driving range field will result in suspension.
- RANGE MEMBERS – maximum of 3 large buckets per day will be permitted.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- April 1st to October 31st: Weekday 7 am-7 pm. Weekend 6 am-7 pm.
- November 1st to December and March 1st – March 31st: Weekday and weekend 8 am-5 pm.
- Hours of operation can be changed due to inclement weather.
GOLF CART REGULATIONS
- Carts will be mandatory on weekends up to 12 noon and for all member tournament play (except Club Championship).
- Memberships that do not have cart memberships must pay as a single rider prior to play when riding with a member with cart privileges.
- Maximum two riders and two bags per cart.
- Operator must be at least 16 years of age with a valid drivers license.
- Carts must remain on all cart paths unless the 90 degree rule is in effect. Violators will lose cart privilege with no refunds.
- 90 degree rule — carts may leave cart path and go 90 degrees across fairway to play a shot, but must return to cart path.
- Carts must follow all cart directional signs and painted lines on golf course.
- Carts are not permitted in wetland areas.
- Carts must stay on golf course property. Keep cars away from all residential areas.
- Operators are responsible for any damage to carts, course or residential properties from misuse of golf cart.
- Players with physical limitations may use a handicap flag and have special cart privileges. Rules will be explained & enforced by staff.
- Men: Men must wear shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks or golf shorts that are no more than 4″ above the middle of the knee. Not permitted are jeans, tank tops, tee shirts, fish net tops, cut-offs, bathing suits, and jogging shorts.
- Ladies: Ladies must wear dresses, slacks, golf shorts or skirts that are no more than 4″ above the middle of the knee. Blouses or golf tops are permitted. Not permitted are jeans, halter tops, tee shirts, fish net tops, bathing suits, and cut-offs.
- Shoes: Golf shoes, sneakers, and street shoes without heels must be worn at all times. Football, baseball and other spiked shoes not designed for golf are not permitted. Soft spike policy is in affect.
- Players must conform to these rules or they will be asked to leave that day and return properly dressed for golf.
- All members’ handicaps will be kept according to the U.S.G.A. handicapping system.
- Scores must be entered after every round.
- Members are responsible for entering their adjusted scores.
- Handicap Fee of $40 will be charged for the public.
- All tournament scores will be tagged as a tournament round.
- Handicap calculations and postings will occur on the 1st and 15th of each month.
STARTING TIMES, RESERVATIONS & RATES
- All holidays will be treated as a weekend. Weekend rates will be charged according to type of membership.
- Weekday members will pay holiday / weekend greens fee rates on all holidays, including Good Friday, the Friday before Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekend.
- Tee time reservations are honored. Members may reserve tee times 21 days in advance. Public play may reserve tee times 14 days in advance.
- CBGC Association Members have until Wednesday at 12:00 pm prior to the Saturday and Sunday gaggle to call and secure a place in the gaggle. Remaining times not filled will be given out to the public and other members.
- If a member tournament or qualifier is being played, gaggles will not be formed.
- Only Full Members have the privilege of securing a reserved blocked prime time tee time on Weekends.
- Full Members may sign up for any remaining public times before 11:00 am that have not been reserved by the public by 7:00 am of the same morning of the same day.
- Public reservations for weekend times are secured using a major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover).
- Public weekend reservations must be canceled within 24 hours of the reserved tee time. No exceptions. No shows will be responsible for their entire reservation.
- Players must report to the starter with a validated receipt.
- Players late for their starting time will lose their position on the tee.
- All twosomes will be asked to join up with another twosome before playing.
- When making a tee time, members must give the names for those they are making the tee time for. All members are responsible for their reserved time.
- Members must reserve for the number of players that are actually playing. Members reserving a tee time for 4 players but only have 2 or 3 playing will be billed for the extra spot taken. Invoice must be paid prior to the next round.
- Members must cancel weekend reserved tee times within 48 hours. Failure to notify of cancellation will result in member being billed amount of public fee lost. No exceptions.
RAIN CHECK POLICY
- Rain checks will be issued when Greens Superintendent determines the course unfit for play or when players are in danger of a lightning strike.
- Rain checks will be issued for 18 holes if less than 4 holes are completed. A 9 hole rain check will be issued if more than 4 holes and less than 12 holes. More than 12 holes conclude the round.
- Players must bring their receipt to the pro shop in order to receive a rain check.
- Cash will not be refunded; only a credit will be issued.
- Any player starting their round in the rain will not be issued a rain check.
- Rain check will not be given because of slow play.
- Player Assistants on duty will have the authority to enforce speed of play as well as the club’s regulations. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Our rangers are player’s assistants. They are here to ensure all players have an enjoyable round of golf.
- Slow play and cart path violations will be brought to your attention.
- Not repairing divots or ball marks will be brought to your attention.
TOURNAMENTS AND EVENTS
- Normal Rates apply for Members playing in Member events.
- Players must have established a USGA 18 hole handicap prior to the start of any event.
- Current handicaps must be used for competition.
- Players without an official USGA handicap must play at scratch.
- All tournament entry fees must be handed or mailed into the pro shop with the proper entry form. Entries for tournaments are due by the printed entry deadline on the entry forms. Late entries will not be eligible for competition.
- U.S.G.A. rules and posted local rules apply at all times.
- Match play events — Players have two weeks to play a match. If players cannot agree on a day to play their match, the match will be played on the nearest Saturday, or the match will be forfeited.
- Illegal clubs will not be permitted in establishing a handicap or during tournament play.
- If player is a member of more than one club, that player must make the Rules Committee aware of such club and established handicap at those clubs. The lowest handicap index will be used for tournament competition. If player is in breech of notifying Rules Committee, player will be disqualified from that tournament and suspended from any remaining tournament competition for remainder of calendar year.
VIOLATION OF RULES AND POLICIES
All Violations to the member rules and policies will result in a warning letter from the Club with a first offense, a suspension with second offense and termination of membership with third offense.