See President’s Cup Bracket as of 5/3/22 ->
2022 Harry C. Barbin, Sr. President’s Cup
7 Round Golf Match Play “Major”
President’s Cup Bracket – As of 5/3/22
The President’s Cup ~ A Golf Match Play “Major” Event for Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Members, Season Ticket and Chantilly Card Holders, and Association Members.
Chesapeake Bay Golf Club “Major” events earn maximum points toward the Player of Year Points List. Please scroll down to see all “completed by” dates for each round of match play.
RULES OF PLAY
- All participants will play match play against another participant in a single elimination bracket.
- April 23 – a Blind Draw of all entered participants will be done to seed players.
- Past Champion automatically #1 seed / First seed goes to Defending 2021 Champion Shelley Pinkerton
- 80% Handicap Championship / Everyone vs. Everyone
- Whatever your posted USGA Handicap is at start of each match will be the handicap for that match.
- Handicap Subtraction: The two competitor’s handicaps will be deducted from each other prior to play. The Player with the most strokes will receive the deducted Handicap and applied to the hardest holes. The Lower Handicap Competitor will not receive any strokes on any holes for the Match.
- The Higher Handicap player will receive handicap strokes where they are ranked on scorecard (men’s handicap strokes fall on men’s handicap holes and women’s handicap strokes fall on women’s handicap holes).
- Player is responsible for notifying club if they have an established handicap at another facility. If CBGC is not notified, the player will be disqualified. The player must use the lowest handicap index they have no matter what club they belong to.
- Each Competitor’s Handicap will be adjusted according to the Tee they will be playing from during the Match.
Match Play Event:
- 7 Round Match Play Event (based on over 64 golfers)
- Each match play round must be played by scheduled deadline date for round.
- If players cannot agree to make a date to play, then the deadline date at 12pm becomes the scheduled play date and time. If both players do not make it to the tee at the scheduled date and time (12pm), they both will be disqualified with no refunds. Players must have legitimate reason expressed to Head Golf Professional to schedule a match past the deadline.
- See below for Match Play deadline dates for each round.
- Ties after an 18-hole match will play sudden death starting at the 1st hole, Handicap Strokes will apply during sudden death playoff.
- USGA rules for Match Play in effect for Matches. Playing the ball down or up must be agreed upon prior to the match.
- All golfers will play from the tee markers their handicap is derived from.
- Note: Handicap index will adjust according to the tee box your playing from. A player may move back to a different set of tees. Once the player determines the set of tees they must play from the designated tee the entire tournament and shall not move.
- The Player must inform the Pro Shop the desired tees prior to the match being played, as well as the date and time their match is to be played so that their scorecard can be created.
- Must maintain a current membership at Chesapeake Bay Golf Club / Be a Season Ticket Holder / Be a Chantilly Card Holder / Be a Member of the Ladies or Men’s Association.
- Players must have an established USGA handicap to compete.
Dates Rounds Completed By:
- First Round to be completed by: May 23
- Second Round to be completed by: June 13
- Third Round to be completed by: July 4
- Fourth Round to be completed by: August 1
- Fifth Round to be completed by: August 22
- Sixth Round completed by: September 12
- Seventh Round completed by: October 3
- Entry Fee: $25
- Course Charges: Normal Fees apply to each round
- Prizes: Major Event Points / Gift Cards for top 8 finishers / Champion receives commemorative wooden plaque.