St Patrick’s Day Golf Tournament
Keep the St Patrick’s Day Fun Going!
St. Patrick’s Day Open 2023
March 18, 2023 – 1PM Shotgun
Open to the Public!
Sign Up: Pro Shop 410-658-4343 x2 | New! Sign Up Online through Golf Genius
- “Luck of the Irish” – Golfers will play in teams of four, and each golfer will play his/her own ball until it is holed.
- Each team will take the best and worst score of the group on each hole.
- For example, Player A makes a 3, Player B makes a 4, Player C makes a 6, and Player D makes a 5. The team score is Player A’s 3 + Player C’s 6 for a team score of a 9.
- We will award prizes for gross and net teams!
- A valid and active USGA Handicap is required to be eligible for handicapped events, without a USGA handicap you will play as scratch. The maximum course handicap for this event will be 32 – any higher handicaps will be reduced to 32.
- All 2023 USGA Rules apply.
- All putts must be holed – no gimmies!
- Ball will be played lift, clean, & place a scorecard length through the green.
- Red stakes & lines indicated penalty areas. If no markings, consider the hazard indication line to be a club length from the edge.
- White stakes & roads indicate areas that are out of bounds.
- Due to our bunker renovation project being midway, we will play bunkers as ground under repair w/ free relief.
- All tree stumps and unmarked areas of ground under repair (due to tree work or damaged turf from machinery) is granted free relief.
- All mulched areas are also granted free relief.
- We will be adopting the USGA recommended local rule for Out of Bounds / Lost Balls. If a ball goes out of play, you may take a 2-stroke penalty drop on the edge of the fairway equidistant to the point where the ball went out of play. This is an alternative option to going back and replaying your shot with a penalty stroke (stroke & distance).
- 30% of the field (or roughly) will be paid out in gift cards.
- 50% of the prize pool will go to net, 50% will go to gross.
- In the event that an odd number of teams must be paid out, net will take precedent.
An option skins game of $5 per golfer will also be played – this will be in the form of individual skins. We will be utilizing our 2023 House Rules for this tournament’s skins game.
HOUSE SKINS RULES:
- Canadian Skins – Net Skins, but the lowest gross score wins in the event of ties.
- For example, if two golfers are tied with a net 3 on a hole, but Player A had a gross 3 and Player B had a gross 4. Player A would win the skin.
- Net birdies or better to win a skin.
- 70% Handicap Allowance
- Max Handicap is 32 – any higher handicaps will default to 32.