Spring Open “Texas Shamble”
Saturday, April 20th
Play in our Spring Open! A “Texas Shamble” ~ Select Best Tee Shot, then Play Own Ball. 2 Net Best Ball per Hole. Buffet Included.
Spring Open – A “Texas Shamble”
Sign Up Online | Contact Pro Shop: 410-658-4343 x2
Chesapeake Bay Golf Club’s Spring Open “Texas Shamble” on Saturday, April 20, 2019 at Chesapeake Bay Golf Club is an optional event Open to the Public.
This is Event is open to everyone – Ladies and Men at all levels of play. The Fun Format is a “Texas Shamble” and a delicious Buffet is included and will follow the round. Start the year off with this fun 4 Person Team Event!
Spring Open Event Details:
- Saturday, April 20, 2019
- Open to the Public
- Tee Times: Select Your Own
- Buffet Included After Round
- Live Scoring + Live Leaderboard
“Texas Shamble” / Event Format:
- 4 Person Team Event
- Sign Up as a Team – or Individually and we’ll pair you up!
- Everyone Welcome – Men & Women – All Levels of Play
- Net Event – 100% Handicap
- “Texas Shamble”
- Select Best Tee Shot, play your own ball in from there
- 2 Net Best Ball per Hole will be the Team Score
- Optional Net/Gross Cash Scats
- Public – $65 Entry Fee (Play After 10am)
- Members – $25 Entry Fee + Rates
- 24 x $10 = $240 (with 24 Players Participating)
- Gift Certificate for the top 4 Teams
- 1st Place – $100 Team Prize
- 2nd Place – $60 Team Prize
- 3rd Place – $40 Team Prize
- Closest to the Pin # 2 wins a CBGC Cap
- Closest to the Pin #15 wins a CBGC Cap
General: U.S.G.A. Rules Apply
- Ladies will play from Red markers
- Men will play from White
- Seniors 65+ may play from the Green markers
- Any ties for first place will be a match of cards (USGA Procedure – Last 3 holes, Last 6 Holes etc)
- Ground under repair will consist of any cart paths – stone or paved
- Out of bounds will be marked with a white line or white post
- Lateral hazards will be marked with red stakes or red lines
- Water hazards will be marked with yellow stakes or yellow lines
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies).
- The “one ball” rule does not apply for the Championship.
- Ground under Repair — Free Relief from all cart paths & flower beds. Take nearest point of relief plus one club length no nearer the hole, without penalty.
- All putts must be holed (no gimmies).
- If there is any doubt on how to determine a rule, play 2 balls:
- Play original ball where it lies
- Play 2nd ball how you determined rule
- All rules will remain in effect unless otherwise posted by the Rules Committee
Pace of Play:
- Pace of play will be monitored
- Penalty for first offense of slow play will be a warning
- After the second offense you will be timed / A third violation will result in a one stroke penalty