Who will be this year’s champ?
2021 Harry C. Barbin, Sr. President’s Cup
6 Round Golf Match Play “Major”
The President’s Cup ~ A Golf Match Play “Major” Event for Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Members, Season Ticket and Chantilly Card Holders, and Association Members.
Chesapeake Bay Golf Club “Major” events earn maximum points toward the Player of Year Points List. Please scroll down to see all “completed by” dates for each round of match play.
- Open to All Members – Men & Women
- Season Ticket, Chantilly Card Holders, Association Members
- For All Levels of Play
- 100% Handicap
- A Blind Draw Party for all participants to seed players – April 25, 2021 after Spring Open
- Everyone vs Everyone
- Play your Match when you want!
- All participants will play
- Sunday, April 25th – a Blind Draw of all entered participants will be done to seed players.
- Past Champion automatically #1 seed
- First seed goes to Defending 2020 Champion Jack Baldino
- 100% Handicap Championship / Everyone vs. Everyone
- Whatever your posted USGA Handicap is at start of each match will be the handicap for that match.
- Handicap Subtraction: The two competitor’s handicaps will be deducted from each other prior to play. The Player with the most strokes will receive the deducted Handicap and applied to the hardest holes. The Lower Handicap Competitor will not receive any strokes on any holes for the Match.
- The Higher Handicap player will receive handicap strokes where they are ranked on scorecard (men’s handicap strokes fall on men’s handicap holes and women’s handicap strokes fall on women’s handicap holes).
- Player is responsible for notifying club if they have an established handicap at another facility. If CBGC is not notified, the player will be disqualified. The player must use the lowest handicap index they have no matter what club they belong to.
- Each Competitor’s Handicap will be adjusted according to the Tee they will be playing from during the Match.
President’s Cup Rules
- 6 Round Match Play Event
- Each match play round must be played by scheduled deadline date for round.
- If players cannot agree to make a date to play, then the deadline date at 12pm becomes the scheduled play date and time. If both players do not make it to the tee at the scheduled date and time (12pm), they both will be disqualified with no refunds.
- See Tournament schedule for Match Play deadline dates for each round.
- Ties after an 18 hole match will play sudden death starting at the 1st hole, Handicap Strokes will apply during sudden death playoff.
- USGA rules for Match Play in effect for Matches.
- Men Play from White tees unless they normally play from a different tee, Women from Red Tees.
- Note: Handicap index will adjust according to the tee box you’re playing from. A player may move back to a different set of tees. Once the player determines the set of tees they must play from the designated tee the entire tournament and shall not move.
- The Player must inform the Pro shop the desired tees prior to the match being played.
- Open to All Members – Men & Women with a USGA Handicap
- Must maintain a current membership at Chesapeake Bay Golf Club / a 2021 Season Ticket Holder / Chantilly Card / Association Member.
- Players must have an established handicap to compete.
- $25 (Breakdown — $5 to year end Prizes / $15 for Presidents Cup Prizes/ $5 to Draw party)
- Course Charges: Normal Rates apply. (Note: Cart and regular fees will apply each round).
- Carts: Mandatory (Note: Play may walk but must pay for cart fee).
Dates Rounds Completed By
- First Round — completed by May 24
- Second Round — completed by June 14
- Third Round — completed by July 5
- Fourth Round — completed by July 26
- Fifth Round — completed by August 16
- Sixth Round — completed by September 13
Major Event Points / Gift Certificates.
- 1st Place — 50% of Prize Pool — Wooden Plaque (May Choose to take Prize in a gift certificate)
- 2nd Place — 25% of Prize Pool
- 3rd Place — 15% of Prize Pool
- 4th Place — 10% of Prize Pool