VIEW BRACKET: The President’s Cup Bracket has been updated as of 8/10/17.
2017 Harry C. Barbin, Sr. President’s Cup
6 Round Match Play “Major”
President’s Cup 2017 Bracket – As of 8/10/17
The President’s Cup ~ Golf Match Play “Major” Event for Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Members, Season Ticket Holders, and Men’s & Ladies Association. “Major” events earn maximum points toward the Player of Year Points List. Please scroll down to see all “completed by” dates for each round of match play.
- Open to All Members – Men & Women
- Open to All Season Ticket Holders
- Open to All Men’s & Ladies Association Members
- For All Levels of Play
- 100% Handicap
- Everyone vs Everyone
- Play your Match when you want!
- $20 Entry Fee
Rules of Play
- All participants will play
- May 7th at RS Course – A Blind Draw of all entered participants will be done to seed players
- Past Champion automatically #1 seed / First seed goes to Defending 2016 Champion (Jack Baldino).
- 100% Handicap Championship / Everyone vs. Everyone
- Whatever your posted USGA Handicap is at start of each match will be the handicap for that match.
- Handicap Subtraction: The two competitors’ handicaps will be deducted from each other prior to play. The Player with the most strokes will receive the deducted Handicap and applied to the hardest holes. The Lower Handicap Competitor will not receive any strokes on any holes for the Match.
- The Higher Handicap player will receive handicap strokes where they are ranked on scorecard (men’s handicap strokes fall on men’s handicap holes and women’s handicap strokes fall on women’s handicap holes).
- Player is responsible for notifying club if they have an established handicap at another facility. If CBGC is not notified, the player will be disqualified. The player must use the lowest handicap index they have no matter what club they belong to.
- Each Competitor’s Handicap will be adjusted according to the Tee they will be playing from during the Match
Golf Match Play – 6 Round Match Play Event
- Each match play round must be played by scheduled deadline date for round.
- If players cannot agree to make a date to play, then the deadline date at 12pm becomes the scheduled play date and time. If both players do not make it to the tee at the scheduled date and time (12pm), they both will be disqualified with no refunds.
- See Match Play deadline dates below for each round.
- Ties after an 18 hole match will play sudden death starting at the 1st hole, Handicap Strokes will apply during sudden death playoff.
- USGA rules for Match Play in effect for Matches
- Men Play from White tees unless they normally play from a different tee, Women from Red Tees (Women with a 5 and under Handicap will play from Green tees)
- Note Handicap index will adjust according to the tee box you’re playing from. A player may move back to a different set of tees. Once the player determines the set of tees they must play from the designated tee the entire match and shall not move.
- The Player must inform the Pro Shop the desired Tees prior to the match being played.
- Open to All Members ~ Men & Women
- Open to All Season Ticket Holders
- Open to All Men’s and Ladies’ Association Members
- Must have an established USGA Handicap to compete
- 100% Handicap – Open to All Levels of Play
- $20 – (Breakdown: $5 toward year end Prizes / $15 for Presidents Cup Prizes)
Dates Matches Completed By:
- 1st Round – completed by May 29
- 2nd Round – completed by June 19
- 3rd Round – completed by July 10
- 4th Round – completed by July 31
- 5th Round – completed by August 21
- Final Round – completed by September 18
- Normal Fees apply (Note: Cart fees and regular fees will apply)
- Mandatory (Note: Player may walk but must pay for cart fee)
- Major Event Points / Gift Certificates
- 1st Place – 50% of Prize Pool – Wooden Plaque (May Choose to take Prize in a gift certificate)
- 2nd Place- 25% of Prize Pool
- 3rd Place- 15% of Prize Pool
- 4th Place- 10% of Prize Pool