The President’s Cup ~ Golf Match Play Major Event for Chesapeake Bay Golf Club Members, Season Ticket Holders, and Men’s & Ladies Association.
President’s Cup ~ A Match Play Major Event
Click Here to view the President’s Cup Bracket
- Open to All Members – Men & Women
- Open to All Season Ticket Holders
- Open to All Men’s & Ladies Association Members
- For All Levels of Play
- 100% Handicap
- Everyone vs Everyone
- Play your Match when you want!
- $15 Entry Fee
Rules of Play
- All participants will play.
- April 26th at NE Course: A Blind Draw of all entered participants will be done to seed players.
- Past Champion automatically #1 seed / First seed goes to Defending 2014 Champion (Carlos Coleman).
- 100% Handicap Championship / Everyone vs. Everyone
- Whatever your posted USGA Handicap is at start of each match will be the handicap for that match.
- Handicap Subtraction: The two competitor’s handicaps will be deducted from each other prior to play. The Player with the most strokes will receive the deducted Handicap and applied to the hardest holes. The Lower Handicap Competitor will not receive any strokes on any holes for the Match.
- The Higher Handicap player will receive handicap strokes where they are ranked on scorecard (men’s handicap strokes fall on men’s handicap holes and women’s handicap strokes fall on women’s handicap holes).
- Player is responsible for notifying club if they have an established handicap at another facility. If CBGC is not notified, the player will be disqualified. The player must use the lowest handicap index they have no matter what club they belong to.
- Each Competitor’s Handicap will be adjusted according to the Tee they will be playing from during the Match
RULES: 6 Round Match Play Event
- All matches are to be played at North East.
- Any players playing their matches at Rising Sun will not count for the event.
- Each match play round must be played by scheduled deadline date for round.
- If players cannot agree to make a date to play, then the deadline date at 12pm becomes the scheduled play date and time. If both players do not make it to the tee at the scheduled date and time (12pm), they both will be disqualified with no refunds.
- See Tournament Schedule for Match Play deadline dates for each round.
- Ties after an 18 hole match will play sudden death starting at the 1st hole, Handicap Strokes will apply during sudden death playoff.
- USGA rules for Match Play in effect for Matches.
- Men Play from White tees unless they normally play from a different tee (Men with a 5 and under Handicap will play from Black tees), Women from Red Tees (Women with a 5 and under Handicap will play from Green tees).
- Note: Handicap index will adjust according to the tee box you’re playing from. A player may move back to a different set of tees. Once the player determines the set of tees, they must play from the designated tee the entire match and shall not move.
- The Player must inform the Pro Shop the desired tees prior to the match being played.
- Must maintain a current membership at Chesapeake Bay GC / Be a Season Ticket Holder / Be a Member of the Ladies or Men’s Association.
- Players must have an established USGA handicap to compete.
- $15 – (Breakdown: $5 toward year end Prizes / $10 for Presidents Cup Prizes)
Location & Time:
- North East Course
- First Round to be completed by May 25
- Second Round to be completed by June 15
- Third Round to be completed by July 6
- Fourth Round to be completed by August 3
- Fifth Round to be completed by August 24
- Sixth Round completed by September 14, 2015
- Normal Fees apply. Note: Cart fees and regular fees will apply.
- Mandatory (Note: Player may walk but must pay for cart fee)
- Major Event Points / Gift Certificates
- 1st Place – 50% of Prize Pool – Wooden Plaque (May Choose to take Prize in a Gift Certificate)
- 2nd Place – 25% of Prize Pool
- 3rd Place – 15% of Prize Pool
- 4th Place – 10% of Prize Pool